Chronic pain occurs when changes in our nervous system cause ongoing painful sensations beyond the expected time of tissue healing. Most chronic pain begins following an injury, tissue destructive disease, or surgical procedure. Too many people believe that they are condemned to suffer with chronic pain.
You’re not alone. In fact, some estimates place the burden of chronic pain at over 100 million Americans. The good news is that there are a variety of treatments available, to help you live a better life despite your pain. Effective pain management uses multiple approaches (pharmacological, interventional, and behavioral) to reduce pain, alleviate suffering, and restore function
Grounded in a physiatric (physical medicine and rehabilitation) model of care, the specialists at Columbia Pain Management, PC are committed to helping you get your life back and help you do the things you want to do despite pain. Whether it’s degenerative joint disease, spinal arthritis, or pain caused by nerve damage, one of the specialists at Columbia Pain Management, PC can meet with you and help you discover what options might be best for your condition.
Most appointments are covered by health insurance. There is no better time than now to come in for a consultation. Ask how we can help you get back to feeling yourself again.
Our goal is to help patients:
- Decrease their level of pain/suffering
- Return to a maximum level of functioning and independence
- Help restore quality of life
Our highly-trained medical team members are able to assist individuals living with:
- Joint Pain and Osteoarthritis
- Lumbar and thoracic compression fractures
- Lumbar/thoracic pain
- Failed back surgery
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Failed neck surgery
- Dystonia and spasticity
- Cancer-related pain
Columbia Pain Management, P.C., specializes in interventional pain management. Treatment approaches are specifically designed for each patient’s condition and goals and can include minimally invasive procedures such as:
- Regenerative Medicine
- Dynamic diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasonography
- Botox injections and intra-spinal baclofen for dystonia and spasticity
- Image-guided cervical, thoracic, and lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Joint and hip injections
- Medial branch blocks and radiofrequency neurotomy for facet pain
- Therapeutic nerve blocks
- Electrodiagnostic studies
- Spinal cord stimulation
- IME Exams and Workers comp evaluations
- Interactive Guided Imagery
Our procedures are performed with state of the art image-guidance equipment in our convenient office fluorosuite.