Job Title: Medical Assistant
Columbia Pain Management is grounded in a physiatry (physical medicine and rehabilitation) model of care, the specialists at Columbia Pain Management, PC are committed to helping you get your life back and help you do the things you want to do despite pain. Whether it is degenerative joint disease, spinal arthritis, or pain caused by nerve damage, one of the specialists at Columbia Pain Management, PC can meet with you and help you discover what options might be best for your condition.
General Job Description
We are looking for a dedicated, reliable, and friendly Medical Assistant to join our team! Someone who brings a smile to each day and enjoys working cohesively with a team to ensure excellent customer service for our patients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Room patients – gathering vitals, minor charting, collecting samples, etc.
- Setting up and preparing sterile trays
- Recovering patients post procedure
- Processing prior authorizations and other administrative tasks
- Answering calls and returning voicemails
Qualifications for the job:
1-year Medical Assistant experience or graduate of CMA program (preferred)
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (preferred)
- Personable and well spoken
- High relationship IQ
- Prioritize and organize tasks efficiently
- Handle distractions well
- Great focus and attention to detail
- Embrace new challenges
- Reliable (you enjoy coming to work every day)!!
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to operate office equipment including computer and copier. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, with occasional walking. Must be able to bend and lift up to 25 pounds. Hearing and vision required.
Compensation depends on experience.