Imagine Your Life Transformed: BurstDR Stimulation on ProclaimXR
For more than 40 years, spinal cord stimulation (SCS) has managed chronic pain. As a minimally invasive form of neurostimulation therapy, SCS controls chronic pain in the arms, legs, back and neck of patients who suffered an injury or resulting from pain following spine surgeries, nerve damage pain, or other pain syndromes of spinal origin. BurstDR stimulation is a new form of neurostimulation that is revolutionizing the way doctor’s treat chronic pain.
BurstDR involves a doctor implanting a small device that powers thin wires along the spinal cord. The device interrupts pain signals from being transmitted to the brain through the use of low level electrical energy. Using a unique form of stimulation, the BurstDR system is able to change the perception and experience of pain in the brain.
Call 541-386-9500 to schedule an appointment.
The following video explains what BurstDR stimulation is and how it works.
Abbott Proclaim™ XR
- The Abbott Proclaim XR SCS system harnesses the power of low-energy BurstDR stimulation coupled with BoldXR™ dosing protocol that
- Can be dosed without sacrificing efficacy
- Extends battery life
- Provides pain relief without the hassle of recharging
- At the core of this patient-centric advancement is a battery that can last up to 10 years at low-dose settings* without the hassle of recharging.
- The Abbott Proclaim XR SCS System is the latest patient-centric innovation exclusively from Abbott.
- The Abbott Proclaim XR can seamlessly fit into a patient’s lifestyle by allowing them to discreetly manage their pain by using familiar Apple mobile digital devices and Bluetooth wireless technology.
- The Abbott Proclaim XR SCS System benefits include
- Up to 10-year battery life*
- No recharge burden
- Superior† BurstDR stimulation therapy
- Familiar Apple devices
- Upgradeable platform
- Full-body MR conditional labeling
- Industry-leading battery life warranty
*Up to 10 years of battery longevity at the lowest dose setting: 0.6mA, 500 Ohms, duty cycle 30s on/360s off. NOTE: In neurostimulation therapy, ‘dose’ refers to the delivery of a quantity of energy to tissue. Safety comparisons and specific dose-response curves for each dosage have not been clinically established. Refer to the IFU for additional information. Hassle-free means recharge-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. St. Jude Medical. (2016). St. Jude Medical™ Proclaim™ Neurostimluation Clinician’s Manual. Plano, TX.
2. St. Jude Medical. (2016). St. Jude Medical™ Prodigy™ Neurostimulation System Programming and Reference Manual. Plano, TX.